The Ministry of Transport test (MOT) is an annual test of vehicle safety, roadworthiness aspects and exhaust emissions required in Great Britain for most vehicles over three years old.
MOT testing is a legal requirement, but also gives you peace of mind that you are driving a vehicle that has been safety checked for you by our friendly and reliable team. Many aspects of your vehicle will be checked, including steering, brakes and tyres, so that you can go away feeling confident that your vehicle is in the best, most dependable condition for you and your family.
JS Motor Services MOT Garage is situated in Witney where we are able to offer MOT tests to customers in the Burford & Carterton area.
With appointments available 6 days a week, we can carry out your MOT test at a time that is convenient for you.
At our Witney MOT Garage we can carry out.
- MOTs for cars - Class 4
- MOTs for minibuses (over 12 seats) - Class 5
- MOTs for vans and commercial vehicles (3-3.5 tonnes) - Class 7
We also offer a FREE MOT Reminder service, whether you come to us or not! You just need to contact us with your car details, we will log it on to our system and when your MOT is due, we will send you a reminder. Simple!
WHY CHOOSE JS MOTORS SERVICES?
JS Motor Services operates and manages an MOT Test Station approved by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
- We offer competitive prices
- There is no charge for an MOT Retest
- Our staff are all ATA qualified Vehicle Inspection Technicians, with expert knowledge and skills allowing you to receive detailed feedback following your test.
- MOT testing while you wait, or collect until 5.30pm that same evening.
- If your vehicle fails its MOT, we can carry out any repair work necessary with minimal hassle and at the lowest possible cost, with a labour rate significantly lower than franchised dealers.
- We will always advise you fairly on your vehicle. If your tyres need changing in the next few months, we will tell you this, rather than advising you to get them changed straight away, creating additional costs to you at that time.
- We do not charge labour for minor repairs to pass a vehicle, so if it needs a new light bulb or windscreen wiper to pass, then we charge for the part but not the labour to fit it.
BOOK YOUR WITNEY MOT TEST WITH JS MOTOR SERVICES
Witney - 01993 703621
Call from 8.00 am to 5.30 pm from Monday to Friday
and from 8.00 am to 12.00 pm on Saturday.
Click the questions below to reveal the answers.
Driving without a valid MOT certificate carries a maximum penalty of £1000 and some insurers will invalidate your insurance if you drive without a valid MOT certificate.
You must get an MOT test for your car by either:
- the third anniversary of its registration
- the anniversary of its last MOT, if it's over 3 years old
In some cases, you'll need to get a test when it's one year old
You'll then need to renew your MOT before it expires. The earliest date you can renew is one month before it expires - this date is printed on the pass certificate.
In this instance, you will be issued with a VT3O Certificate outlining the items causing the failure of the MOT test. We will then advise you about the repairs required to help it pass an MOT retest.
If its existing MOT certificate is still valid (i.e. you got it tested before the expiry date) you can still drive it. However, you might be stopped by police and prosecuted if your vehicle is unroadworthy.
If the vehicle fails the test and the certificate has expired, you can only drive it to:
- have the failed defects repaired
- a pre-arranged MOT test appointment
If your vehicle fails it's MOT test and is left at the branch it was originally tested in to be repaired, then no additional fee is charged for a retest. This is known as a Partial Re-Examination or Partial Retest.
If the failed vehicle is taken away but then brought back to the same branch and retested before the end of the next working day then no fee is charged for a retest.
If the vehicle is removed from the testing station for repair and returned for retest within 10 working days following the day of failure, then the full MOT test fee will be charged.
You'll get an MOT certificate and your test record will be entered onto the secure central MOT database if your vehicle passes the test.
Test certificates show the mileage recorded at the current and previous 3 test passes to help reduce vehicle crime.